No big movie review today, but a few quick notes about me and other me related things:
1: If you read this and live in the area of Columbus Ohio as I do, please be sure to check out The Gateway Film Center, 1550 North High Street, this Wednesday 7/31/2013 at 8:30 for the 48 Hour Film Project screenings (Group B). The 48 Hour Film Project is a local short film competition where teams are challenged to write and produce a 4 to 7 minute short film in 48 hours or less. My team Team Edwin J. Hill produced one, the second year in a row we've participated, and it will be showing in the second group. Our movie is called Cordless, and it is awesome. If you want an example of some of our other work, you can see last year's entry HERE.
2: This Thursday, 8/01/2013, a pilot script for a TV show I co-wrote with my good friend Nate Zoebl will be reviewed on the Scriptshadow website at www.scriptshadow.net. It's called State of Decay, and follows a group of survivors in a mysterious post-zombie world where the dead are officially dead again, and people have to live with what they did to stay alive. This is a big deal actually, as Nate's already got management contacts and a script optioned off the strength of a screenplay review, and while nothing is guaranteed of course, it's a lot of exposure.
3: My Celebrities I'd Go Gay For List is now officially a Top Ten:
- 1 - Keith David
- 2 - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
- 3 - John Hamm
- 4 - Michael Fassbender (for the size)
- 5 - Avery Brooks (but only if I get to call him Captain)
- 6 - Kevin Sorbo (if he lightens up on the right wing stuff)
- 7 - De Forrest Kelly (if resurrected as a living person - not a zombie or walking skeleton)
- 8 - Hugh Jackman with Wolverine Sideburns (Snikt!)
- 9 - C. Thomas Howell (After Keith David and Avery Brooks, I've got a thing for black guys)
- 10 - David Boreanaz circa ten years ago, pre Bones flab (re-watching Angel currently)